In our church when you turn twelve you receive the Aaronic Priesthood. This is a very important step in a young man's life and also for the family. Tristan had an interview with our Bishop the week he turned twelve and he was found to be worthy to receive the priesthood. On Sunday, during the Priesthood hour at church Shane was able to lay his hands on Tristan's head and give him the Priesthood through a blessing. Shane received the Priesthood from his father when he was twelve who received it from his father who received it from his father and so on. I wasn't sure how emotional I was going to be but it didn't really hit me until the following Sunday when Tristan passed the Sacrament for the very first time. What an amazing feeling to see your son live worthily and uphold his Priesthood duties.
Tristan, you are the light in my life and I am so blessed to be your mom. You have grown up to be a fabulous young man and I couldn't be prouder. Thank you for being you and letting me love you, even though it embarrasses you sometimes!! I hope that you continue to live a life that is pleasing to your Heavenly Father and that your dreams all come true. I love you buddy!!
5 comments:
Way to go Tristan! It was great see you passing the sacrament!
Wow! Tristan is such a young man now. Congrats Tristan! We are all very proud of you!!
Hey T, we are proud of you, you are a fine looking Priesthood holder. Love, Grandpa
Happy Birthday, Tristan! What a special special birthday. And may I add, what a handsome feller!
Love, Bree
Wow! I can't believe Tristan is 12 already!!! You guys have been having so much fun!! I love the Halloween pictures!!!!! Miss ya'all!!
Post a Comment