Spring Break

I decided that we were going to stay home this year and do all the local things-hike to the "Y", go skating, go to Thanksgiving Point, Camp in the canyon. Then, the weather man informed me that it was going to SNOW all week!! I quickly decided that there was no way that we were going to be staying in Utah if it was going to snow on SPRING BREAK!! Shane & I did some checking around and found a great deal on a resort in San Diego for the week, so we packed up the kids and headed out. We had a blast and I couldn't choose only a few pics to post, so enjoy all of them!!The view from our back patio. The resort was located up in the hills and was amazing. We had two bedrooms, a stocked kitchen, a living room with pull out couch, two bathrooms and a great patio area. The resort had eight swimming pools, a water park, two golf courses, rec rooms with planned activities for the kids during the day and a little shopping mall.
Our first trip was to the beach, duh!!! It was a little chilly this day but it didn't stop the kids from playing in the ocean. We weren't really prepared to get wet so the kids had to change clothes a couple of times while on the beach to keep from freezing.
We took our little niece, Mia, with us on vacation. She was great and Emma loved having her best cousin with her. Mia and Emma remind me of Brittany and my sister's daughter Jordan when they were this age. It is so fun to have a cousin your same age.
The girls in the ocean.

Wow, my honey working on his tan. Do I need to anymore than that?

Next stop, SEA WORLD SAN DIEGO. The first day that we went it was COLD. Not what we were expecting but the kids had fun anyways. We didn't stay very long because a storm blew in and I was too cold to hang out in the wind and rain. I guess I am just getting old!

Brittany and Tristan had fun being the big kids and not having to hang around with the littles. We sent them off to explore on their own and they had a blast.
SHAMU!!!

After we left Sea World we decided to show the kids the SAN DIEGO TEMPLE since we would be passing it on the way back to the resort. I love this temple, it is just beautiful.



After seeing the Temple I couldn't resist going over to LaJolla Cove to check out the seals. It was pupping season so we saw lots of babies.

Next on our list of things to do was go to HOLLYWOOD. Bad idea! It took us FOUR hours to get there, we spend a whopping 45 minutes and then FOUR more hours to get home. These are times that I am thankful to not live in a big city!!!

Back to SEA WORLD we go. This time it was beautiful out and we even went on some water rides. So much fun. Silly Girls.



And back to the BEACH the day before we left. Much warmer this day, so much so that we all got sunburned. I love the sun and apparently so do my kids.


I think that San Diego is definitely the place to go for Spring Break when you live in Utah. It was time for some fun in the sun and lots was had.

2 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

How I missed my Mia that week but I am so glad that she got to have the time of her life with you guys! Thanks again for taking her on such an adventure! Cuuuuuute pictures!

Chasing Solitude said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! On a side note, I'm going to Florida next week... yeah!