One of the best parts about living in Southern California is that we are only about 45 minutes away from the BEACH!!! I am pretty sure that I was born to live on the beach, it is my absolute favorite thing in the whole world. I love to feel the sand between my toes, the cool water on my feet and that amazingly warm and beautiful sun shining down on my skin. I have told Shane since we were dating that one day we would be living in a beach house and now, I am that much closer to my dream. Actually, I just want to own a Bed & Breakfast on the beach and call it "Chelle's by the Sea". Anyone want to stay and play at my B&B??
Our first few outings were to the beach, imagine that!! The kids are just as much in love with it as I am. However, it isn't as warm as I would like yet but that day will come, SOON!!! The first trip Shane only took Tristan and Emma while Brittany and I worked on unpacking and finishing up the house. They went to Ventura Beach.
I love that there are playgrounds on the beach. This means that I can stay on the beach even longer because when the little's get tired of playing in the sand and the water they can head over to the playground for awhile.
A couple days after Shane and the kids were in Ventura Momma got sad knowing that she didn't get to see the beach yet. So, we packed everyone up and headed back to Ventura, this time with the whole family!!
Our first stop was for dinner at Duke's. This place had great burgers and the kids loved the beachy feeling of it.
Duke's even had this "Doggie Bar" right outside their door. Made me wish that we had brought our Sophie Girl to the beach with us.
They really do love eachother, you just have to catch them in that one second moment when they aren't killing eachother!!!
Our next beach outing took us down to VENICE BEACH!! I love that place. There are so many things happening and so many people to watch. The only thing that was slightly disturbing was all of the "Medical Clinics" that were handing out MARIJUANA like it was candy. So hard to explain that to the kids, poor Emma was totally confused by it!!
Tristan bought a boogie board with his own money and ended up playing on it the whole time we were down by the water. It doesn't surprise any of us that he was able to master this skill so quickly, he is amazing when it comes to doing things like skateboarding, skiiing, snowboarding, boogie boarding, etc!!
Santa Monica Pier
I don't think that we will ever get tired of going to the beach. And heaven knows, there are plenty of beaches to be played at in Southern California!!!
2 comments:
Enjoy the beach - not the marijuana :)
I love all the new posts. Man, I would love to be so close to the beach. The only one here gave us roundworm. :) I'm so happy that everything is working out for you guys. I'm glad I got to come see you for a little bit. I love your new place. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment