On the Third Day of Christmas....

Grandma gave us a service project to complete!! In June Grandma gave the kids a sealed #10 can and asked them to collect change to help someone out at Christmas time. The note we received for day #3 read: Today, I want you to open your "SAVINGS FOR SANTA" banks and give to the poor or buy something with the money to give to someone in need. If you have already done this, then do another thing, like making cookies for your neighbor.
So, off to Safeway we went to cash in our change...We ended up with $38.00.Very cool.
Our next stop was to Walmart where the kids picked a gift tag off the Angels Giving Tree and a shopping we went. We chose to buy for a little one year boy named Adam. The tag said he wanted a tricycle but we couldn't find one anywhere. We decided that this little four wheeler was much cooler so we bought him that. The kids were so happy to help out and Brittany wished that we could buy a gift for every child on the tree. I am so glad to see that they understand that Christmas is much more than getting spoiled!!!

5 comments:

Brian said...

Nice work on the gift purchase! It's been good to catch up on your blog. Can't wait to see you guys again.

-Unkel B

Chasing Solitude said...

so many new posts! I really liked the shooting and christmas pics. All the kids look happy. are you guys travelling north anytime soon?

Babcocks said...

I know it was short but we enjoyed seeing you for the small amount of time that we had with you. I hope the drive back was safe and better then coming. I can't waite to see pictures of your family trip to Disneyland. We will have to see you guys again soon. Take care.

Sarah said...

What a fun tradition! That toffee reminds me of my childhood Christmas...yummy!!

Bugg's mama said...

It will be so much fun to see you all so SOON! Oh, and time for a new post. Please.