Arizona ~ You Will Be Missed

I can say, without uncertainty, my AZ you will so be missed by myself and my family.  So many memories of this beautiful state, some good, some not so good.  But what would life be without the good, the bad and the ugly?? Just a few highlights from our life in AZ:


Miss Emmalee Jean Roberts joined our family four weeks after we moved to Chandler, AZ in 2003.






In October of 2003, I rolled my van with five year old Tristan and three month old Emma aboard.  Tristan came out with a cracked skull that required staples, glass in his arms and major mental trauma. Miss Emma got a bruise on her heart and doesn't remember the accident at all, thank heavens.  I had a few cuts on my head, lots of bumps and bruises and some major guilt. Not a good way to start life in a new town!!

In 2005 Brittany, Tristan, Emma and I were able to go watch Extreme Home Makeover build a house in Gilbert, AZ.  The kids thought this was very cool since we would be able to watch the episode on tv just a few short months later.


2005 and 2006 brought us many stays at Childrens' Hospital as we tried to figure out what was happening with Emma's breathing and respiratory problems.  It was finally determined that she had Asthmatic Croup and was given an inhaler, a nebulizer and lots of meds to help us when she was having a hard time breathing.  She was a trooper and still calls Phoenix Children's Hospital her hospital whenever we drive by it!


In May 2005 we bought a house in Anthem on Outer Banks Dr.  Little did we know that this is where we would find many life long friends and neighbors.  Living in Anthem made the American Dream come true for us!!




  
Living in Arizona gave us the opportunity to travel to Rocky Point, Mexico and enjoy a sun filled vacation. was a little nervous about crossing the border but it turned out great and it was awesome to be so close to the ocean again.







Brittany began Cheerleading for Canyon Springs School and continued for two years.  I was a proud mama seeing her out there.









The kids all started taking Tae-Kwon-Do in 2006 and all progressed quite well.  After a year or so the girls got involved in other activities but Tristan continued on.  In March of 2008 he earned his First Degree Black Belt.  What an amazing accomplishment.  We are so proud of all the hard work he put into earning this.







We were silly enough to actually move away from Anthem in July 2008.  We quickly realized our mistake and moved back in August of 2009.  I was pretty sure that we were here to stay.  I had it in my mind that we would live here forever, all the kids would graduate from Boulder Creek High School and then they would all raise their kids here once they were married.  Crazy thought for mom!!!

Shortly after we moved in I had my very first encounter with a nasty scorpion.  I accidentally stepped on it's head and the tail came up over my flip flop and stung me.  I can honestly say that I have never been in so much pain. If you want a good laugh, check out this post.  It details the entire incident...it will most certainly give you a laugh or two!!


We spent most of our time in our pool.  I had three conditions for our house when we moved back to AZ ~ had to have a pool, had to be in the Gavilan Peak School boundaries and most importantly, had to be in the Gavilan Peak Ward. I am happy to say that all my conditions were met.


As a family we walked in the JDRF Walk 09.  Emma heard about the walk at school and really wanted our family to participate. It was a great experience for us and I am looking forward to doing more of these in the future.




So, it is with sadness that we say Goodbye to this state that has become our home.  I know that there are many adventures out there waiting for us but AZ will always have a special place in our hearts.  Hopefully we will get back often to visit all those who blessed our lives while we lived here.  Goodbye Arizona ~ you will be missed dearly!! 

3 comments:

Family of Disney said...

Are you done moving yet? Missing you guys already!

Emily said...

I'm sorry your move to Utah was a "mistake" but i loved having you close by for a bit. I'm glad I got to get closer to your kids during that time. Sorry you had to leave AZ, but glad CA is going well. I know how you feel though. I love life here in UT but CA will always be home too.

Our Little Family said...

Awww Emily, it wasn't a "mistake" but definately not the place for us!! You know that if you were anywhere else that I would be living right by you!! I am glad we got closer too, my kiddo's sure do love their Aunt Em!!