
The joys of living in AZ!!!! This wonderful little guy was waiting for us in the garage last week as we were on our way to Tristan's first Pack Meeting in our old ward. He was huge so I wanted to take a picture of him..imagine that! The little guy didn't move a bit while we took pictures but when we were done I tried to hit him with the yardstick but ended up just nudging him. It was enough to make him really mad!! Out came that tail and when I tried to step on him it turned and that nasty tail came up over my flip-flop and got me!!!! It felt like a bee sting at first and Shane had me put my foot under cold water. Then the burning started, it felt like my foot was on fire. The burning continued to move up my leg all the way into my stomach where it stopped. Stopped moving not burning. For the next five hours my joints hurt, everything burned and I really didn't know how I was gonna make it through this. Around ten I finally told Shane that he needed to call someone to come over and help him give me a blessing. Yes, I was in that much pain. I was able to relax a little bit afterwards and ended up going to sleep awhile later. I was in and out of sleep and around two in the morning I got out of bed to use the restroom. I sat down and next thing you know I was laying on the floor..apparently I passed out. I have never done that so it totally freaked me out. Shane came in to check on me and I proceeded to vomit everywhere. I don't know if it was the venom just running it's course through my body or the medicine I took for the pain. It was CRAZY. The next morning I was just tired and the burning had subsided. My foot felt like it was asleep for the rest of that day and by that night I had most of the feeling back in my foot. By Friday I had all the feeling back and was totally back to normal. I have since heard that everyone reacts differently to being stung but I can say that I pray to never go through that again. I am just glad it got me and not one of the kids, I can't imagine them having to go through that. Needless to say, we have had the exterminators come out and spray and we now wear shoes everywhere!!!!
7 comments:
oh that is sad. That what you get for moving to AZ sucker!!
BTW, love all the new posts. I left lots of comments
So is there a scorpion anti-venom we should keep on hand?
I hope you are recovering!
Scorpions are so nasty! I am sorry you had to go through that awful ordeal! Hopefully never again! I'm glad you are OK now!
I can hardly look at that top picture! So glad you are doing better!
Looks like you guys had a fun summer (minus the scorp of course!) That's awesome you got to see Brett, and that the kids are doing so well in school. Keep up the blogging!
Mia keeps saying that she doesn't want to move to AZ now. Or visit. But I'm sure the visiting part will change soon.
Post a Comment