The Saturday before school started I was getting anxious and felt like we needed to spend one more day together as a family, having fun before school started. We decided that we would head up to Sedona and go to Slide Rock. It is an old apple orchard that has this river running through it. The rocks and water have formed a natural water slide throughout the length of the orchard. It was so much fun but the water was FREEZING!!!! Next time we will go earlier in the morning so that we are there during the heat of the day.
When we first arrived I took the kids out to check it out. We were having a hard time standing up since the rocks were so slippery and smooth. To tell ya the truth, it sucked. The kids weren't having any fun and neither was I. About ten minutes in I sent Shane to the little gift shop to buy us some water shoes. As soon as he left a very kind lady offered Emma a pair of socks to wear. She said that would work better than water shoes. I chased Shane down, had him buy socks instead and the rest of the afternoon was spent running in the river and having fun.


Tristan wanted to try the slide from the very beginning....I was too cold to join him. Although, he looks as if he is having fun!!
By the end of the afternoon Miss Emma was exhausted. We wrapped up both kiddo's, grabbed some Mickey D's and headed home. Oh yeah, did you notice that Brittany isn't in any of these FAMILY pictures? She opted to stay home and hang out with her friends..I forgot that is what being a teenager is all about. Guess we won't be seeing too much of her when we take the kids out for outings anymore.
1 comment:
that is one good lookin man! as all my friends still say! love you guys! we gotta try that one out!
Aunt Heidi
Post a Comment