So, as most of our readers know, we moved back to Arizona at the end of July. I thought I was going to take lots of pictures of the move but low and behold, I didn't. It turned out to be an extremely stressful move and to tell ya the truth, picture taking wasn't high on the list. We made it safely (obviously) and with few mishaps. The biggest mishap we had was when we opened the moving truck to find that some boxes on the bottom of the heap crumpled, therefore letting the boxes on top shift and in turn, a lot of our stuff ended up broken or scratched. Huge bummer...guess I will have to start looking to refurnish our house!!!
I am thankful for the year we had in Utah and for all the lessons learned while there. Although not all the lessons were great but I promise to keep them close and draw on the experiences when needed. I am grateful to have spent a year with our family and all the fun times we had. I am hoping to get back to Utah in the summer for a few weeks so we can see everyone again. Although, I am expecting a few of you to head this way in January for a couple days...oh, can't wait for that.
Arizona feels like home to Shane and I. The kids have also expressed that they are home finally. I guess that old saying is true...you never know what you have until it is gone. I am so thankful that we were able to realize that and move back. We are blessed to have great friends here who we can lean on for support and family that's not too far away.
The house has been a roller coaster ride from heck!!! So many things to do around here and not near enough time or money. We have painted the kids' rooms, changed out carpet in both the girls' rooms, fixed the pool and done a lot of cleaning. We all know that I have OCD when it comes to how clean my house is. I know that we will get there eventually...but it may take way longer than I thought.
All in all, we are happy, healthy and enjoying our life here in beautiful AZ. I will probably change our blog back to AZ Roberts but I will let you know when I do. Thanks for sticking with us through all our crazy adventures......I am sure there will be more to come!!!
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear the house is coming along!
Moving sucks. I'm glad you guys feel happy back in AZ. I loved having you here for the year. I'm grateful to have gotten closer. I miss you all very much.
Post a Comment