Girl Scout University

Summer Camp for Girl Scouts this year was held at the usual place in Placerville, CA....Flash Mountain at Sly Park. Brittany has been attending this camp for the past eight or so years and Emma got her first chance to go this year!! We love going to this camp every summer for two reasons...1. It is so much fun for the girls to spend a week with other Girl Scouts and 2. My sister, Tammi, runs the camp so I always feel comfortable letting the girls go knowing that they are with someone whom I totally trust.  Usually Brittany just flys out to my sister's to go to camp but this year I decided to drive the girls up so that I could see them in action.  It was a great week!!
On the last day of camp the girls were involved in a ceremony to retire the flag that has been flying at Flash Mountain for the past ten years. This was the last year for the camp at this site so it was very symbolic to retire the flag and say goodbye to Flash Mountain.
Emma getting the stripe from the flag that she will be burning.  It's good to have your Aunt run the camp, you get picked to do special things!!
Brittany getting her stripe.
Her she goes...Emma was incredibly emotional about this whole ceremony and having to say goodbye. She spent the entire night before crying and sobbing and it took forever to convince her that this was a good thing. That camp next year over at Scout Hill is going to be just as fun as it was here!! She is so silly.
My niece Jordan.
Brittany-ba-doodle!!
Jordan, Emma and Britt.  What a combination these three are!!
Aunt Tammi and Emmalee ~AKA ~ Twinkie and Cookie!!

1 comment:

Raejean said...

I never knew there's anything like that in Placerville! How cool that you all got to go visit up there.