The day after Christmas we packed up the cars, loaded the kids and took off for a week up in Frazier Park!! Shane & Britt left a little earlier and drove to Harris Ranch to pick up Jordan who was spending the week with us!!
This is the cabin we stayed in for the week - BEAUTIFUL!!! It was such a nice drive, only about thirty minutes from our house. When we arrived there was an entire cord of firewood laying in the driveway, blocking our way into the shed where the golf cart was. Tristan really wanted to get that golf cart so he figured he better start hauling wood!! He moved almost half of the pile up to the porch by himself and left me in total awe!!!
The golf cart makes it out and the sledding begins. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures while we were there because I was sick in bed the entire time. I had spent Christmas afternoon at the hospital because I couldn't breath and it was determined that I had bronchitis. Go figure, right when we were going on vacation! Needless to say, I slept 90% of the time we were at the cabin and Shane was in charge of the troops!!
Brittany and Jordan taking a break from sledding. We took Sophie up to the cabin with us and she loved the snow. I wasn't sure how she would do but I guess she loves being out in the wilderness.
Tristan heading down the hill.....
Then it's Emma's turn!!!
The last day we were there I finally felt like being outside for a little bit. Emma gave me a ride on the golf cart and I was quite impressed with her driving skills. Tristan also took me for a spin, he drives almost as good as I do!
A few pics of the inside. It was so cozy and warm and I can't wait to go up again. The kids had a blast, Shane & I got some quiet time and it was great to spend some quality family time together.
3 comments:
Didn't you get the memo, no illness allowed on Christmas?
Wow, what a beautiful cabin! Yay for getting out! Boo for being sick!
Love, Bree
What a fun place! I would love to go to a cabin right about now. My family is renting a cabin in Tahoe in June and I'm really looking forward to it. Well, the cabin at least. A whole house full of Pittmans can get pretty crazy!
I have to laugh at you though cause you mentioned snow in your pics except I didn't see any :)
Come back to the real snow. Actually don't it's miserable here!
Post a Comment