Is there any better place to camp then on a beautiful California Beach? I think not, but don't go during the windy season!!!
Our camping spots right when we set up. It didn't look like this when we got up the next morning though!! The wind starting blowing around 10:00pm and by midnight I thought we were going to blow away. We didn't blow away but the tent poles ended up breaking in half due to all the stress from the wind!! I had to carry the kids to the car at 1:00am and we slept in there!! Imagine their surprise when they woke up on the floor of the van and not on their comfy air mattresses in the tent. It was a crazy night but we survived!!
All the kids loved playing on the beach, building sand castles, finding rocks, burying each other and chasing waves. They begged and begged to go swimming but once they were in they hopped right back out - waayyy to cold!! Maybe next time kiddo's!!
This is another one of those beaches that I love because they have a playground right there! It was pretty small but the kids had fun swinging and sliding.
The big kids were awesome and helped entertain all the little kids while we were cooking and hanging out. I love my Miss Britt, she is so great with kids and I am amazed everyday by how loving and caring she is.
While out for an early morning stroll a few of the dad's came across this little baby seal. He was pretty far from the water and looked like he had been there for at least a day or so. We all walked down to see him and then called the Wildlife Rescue so they could come out and get him back into the ocean. He was still there when we left the next day but hopefully they got to him and put him back where he belonged!!
Our last night camping and we figured we needed a "Mom Picture"!!
The best view of the day was the sun setting and seeing this beautiful scene before heading off to dreamland!! Thanks to all our fabulous friends for an amazing weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment