Two weeks ago we were living our normal life with our normal routine which meant Emma had gymnastics practice. Usually we stay at the gym and watch her but on this particular week I had a Relief Society meeting and Shane was busy with the other two kids, so she carpooled to the gym with a friend for practice. I was at my meeting for about 35 minutes when I got a call from Brittany - first words out of her mouth were, "Mom, don't freak out but Dad just picked Emma up from the gym and he is taking her to Urgent Care". Now, how am I not supposed to freak out when I hear that??? Off to Urgent Care I go!
At Urgent Care my baby is screaming and crying like nobody's business. She was REALLY hurt. After a couple of x-rays it was determined that she broke her elbow and was going to need surgery to fix it. Poor girl. They splinted her arm as best as they could and off to LA we went to have surgery at Northridge. During the three hour surgery she had three pins put into her elbow and her bones moved back into place. She was amazing and I couldn't be any more proud of her. When we woke up the next morning she was all smiles, maybe that was because she was on Morphine but hey, it was better than all the tears the night before!
Talking to Grandma on the phone. We stayed at the hospital for the day and then she was released to go home. I was nervous about her coming home since we wouldn't be able to manage her pain as well but it all worked out fine.
After a day or two of laying in bed Emma ventured down to the living room and even tried to do some drawing with her left hand. She figured out that she needed to use her leg to hold things in place while she would write - pretty inventive.
Daddy's friend at work brought Emma some delicious cupcakes, almost too pretty to eat.
A week after surgery we headed back to the surgeon to take a few more x-rays and make sure that everything was where it was supposed to be. Emma wanted a different colored cast because the purple one was too dark for people to sign. The color choice was hard but we ended up with bright ORANGE!!!
Emmalee, you are amazing and you rock girlfriend!!! Thanks for giving all of us this experience in life, now try not to break anything else in the future!!!

2 comments:
What a trooper! I have to say the orange cast rocks.
Oh my goodness Emma! You are one tough cookie! I love the orange color...get well soon.
Michelle your trip to Hawaii looks amazing! That is one trip I hope to take some day too.
Post a Comment