Hollywood Hike

 We started the new year off with a hike to the Hollywood sign.  Shane & I have wanted to do this hike since we moved here three years ago so we rounded up the kids and took off.  From the street it looks like the letters are way up there.  Don't be fooled, they ARE way up there!!
 Tristan and Emma would have preferred to ride horses up the trail but this mom said absolutely not, you both have perfectly good legs to walk with.  I sounded just like my mother for a moment and I have to say, it was good!!


 The view from about half way up and on the other side of the mountain.  I would love to get down there someday and check out that little town, it looked pretty cool.
 Finally made it to the top, only took about an hour or so.  The kids sat down to catch their breath for a minute and were ready to head back down the hill.  Shane & I wanted to linger at the top and enjoy the view.  Guess who won?  The kids of course!
 I am so grateful to live in Southern California where we can take advantage of all the fun things to do.  Hiking the Hollywood Sign is something that alot of people want to do and they may never be able to do it. We definitely need to take advantage of all these places that are right in our backyard!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the great pics and the nice journaling. Helps us feel closer to your family getting to watch them grow with you! -heidi