Shane has always dreamed of decorating our house like Clark Griswald. This year we actually have a house that we could do that with, tons of eaves, lots of space, etc. So, while the kids were at school and it was semi-warm he strapped on his boots and headed out to the roof.
Up he goes with lights in hand. At this point I am already cracking up because I know how high the roof is and I think that he has put that thought out of his head.
He makes it up and hollers down to me, "Holy Crap, this roof slopes straight down and it is really high"!! You don't say, Clark.
I convinced him to at least shimmy to the edge and do as much as he could before both of us freak out. I had my cell phone out and ready to dial 911. I just knew that something was bound to go wrong!!
Shane made it to the edge and quickly shimmied back to a somewhat safe place on the roof!! I was laughing so hard but I couldn't help it. We looked like the biggest idiots in Utah by this point in time. Come on down, Honey.
In the end, we decided to just hire someone to come out and hang our lights for us. The only downfall to that was that we couldn't hang as many as we wanted because they charge by the foot when you hire someone to do it for you. At least my hubby is in one piece, we can always try next year. NOT!!!
Up he goes with lights in hand. At this point I am already cracking up because I know how high the roof is and I think that he has put that thought out of his head.
He makes it up and hollers down to me, "Holy Crap, this roof slopes straight down and it is really high"!! You don't say, Clark.
I convinced him to at least shimmy to the edge and do as much as he could before both of us freak out. I had my cell phone out and ready to dial 911. I just knew that something was bound to go wrong!!
Shane made it to the edge and quickly shimmied back to a somewhat safe place on the roof!! I was laughing so hard but I couldn't help it. We looked like the biggest idiots in Utah by this point in time. Come on down, Honey.
In the end, we decided to just hire someone to come out and hang our lights for us. The only downfall to that was that we couldn't hang as many as we wanted because they charge by the foot when you hire someone to do it for you. At least my hubby is in one piece, we can always try next year. NOT!!!
2 comments:
wow... it's cool. We're all getting safer and wiser as time goes on ;)
Greg is also known as Clark Griswald! When we had a two story house, he scared me to death trying to get up there and hang lights on every inch of the house. He almost fell a couple of times. I couldn't even be out there to watch. I'm glad we have a one story house now! It makes me feel better about having him up there on that roof! I'm glad Shane played it safe!
Post a Comment