Hiking in Utah

One afternoon we set out to hike the "Y". However, we were told that you can't hike the "Y" in the afternoon, you have to do it in the morning when it is nice and cool. So, we hiked up a trail in Pleasant Grove that both Brittany and Tristan had hiked before. Tons of fun, really hot, glad we didn't hike the "Y"!!! The boy who usually doesn't want his picture taken was constantly posing along the trail and saying, "Hey Mom, take my picture now". What a silly guy. I think we ended up with close to twenty pictures of just Tristan!!
Tristan, Brittany and Shayna at the beginning of the hike. Energized and ready to roll.

I so love this girl, she makes life very fun and keeps me young.

We took little Miss Sophie with us for her first ever hike. She was doing really good considering how hot it was. I stopped to take a few pictures and when I looked to see where she was, this is how I found her. A nice cool shady spot is the perfect place for a doggy nap!! It took a few minutes to convince her to come out of hiding and finish the hike with us.


The waterfall near the top of the mountain. We hiked up this far and played in the water for awhile. It was nice and COLD!! Did you know that mountain water is so cold? Apparently I had forgotten that fact.
After playing in the water we went to the top of the falls and decided that we were just too pooped to go on. A quick picture at the top and down we went. What a great way to spend the day with three great kids.

No comments: