The last thing on our "to do" list for America's Birthday was to attend the Stadium of Fire at the BYU Stadium. The main band playing was.......The Jonas Brothers!!! I was totally excited for the night as were the kids. Shane was not so much but he did enjoy the show. She-daisy opened for the Jo Bro's and they were really good. But the best part of the night is always watching the kids and seeing how much fun they have. I do have to say that this year was much better than last year. Maybe this will become a family tradition...heading to Utah for the Stadium of Fire. Let's see how Shane feels about that!
The three girls made these adorable tee shirts to wear to the concert. They had lots of fun creating them and I think they turned out great.
The backs of the shirts were looking good too.
G&G Roberts joined us for the evening but decided to leave once the Jonas Brothers' came on. The screaming from all the little girls was a little too much for them..heck, it was too much for all of us over the age of 25!!! Emma ended up leaving with them as she had had a long day and was just worn out. Oh well, at least we spent a little while with them.

Love this girl!!!
The Roberts Five...maybe we should become a musical singing group like the Jackson 5!!!
This is huge flag played a big part in the festivities of the night. After the concert the fireworks started and it was great. Then they stopped and we wondered what was going on. Very quickly there were tons of Military personnel on the field and they were bringing in this huge metal frame. Glenn Beck, who was the host for the night started to explain that we were going to be able to witness something that not alot of people ever get the chance to see. They were going to retire that giant flag with honor and in the proper way. It took forever for them to roll it up and get it into the place where it would start to burn. Shane and I had a hard time holding back the tears as they did this. What an awesome thing to see. The military personnel treated this flag with such respect and it was truly an amazing experience. The flame that is coming out of the statue thing is the beginning of the flag burning. Throughout the rest of the fireworks the flag continued to burn.
Britt and Shayna at the end of the night....still full of energy and so excited to have seen the Jo Bro's. Wish we could all be that young and full of life!!!

The three girls made these adorable tee shirts to wear to the concert. They had lots of fun creating them and I think they turned out great.
The backs of the shirts were looking good too.
G&G Roberts joined us for the evening but decided to leave once the Jonas Brothers' came on. The screaming from all the little girls was a little too much for them..heck, it was too much for all of us over the age of 25!!! Emma ended up leaving with them as she had had a long day and was just worn out. Oh well, at least we spent a little while with them.
Love this girl!!!
The Roberts Five...maybe we should become a musical singing group like the Jackson 5!!!
This is huge flag played a big part in the festivities of the night. After the concert the fireworks started and it was great. Then they stopped and we wondered what was going on. Very quickly there were tons of Military personnel on the field and they were bringing in this huge metal frame. Glenn Beck, who was the host for the night started to explain that we were going to be able to witness something that not alot of people ever get the chance to see. They were going to retire that giant flag with honor and in the proper way. It took forever for them to roll it up and get it into the place where it would start to burn. Shane and I had a hard time holding back the tears as they did this. What an awesome thing to see. The military personnel treated this flag with such respect and it was truly an amazing experience. The flame that is coming out of the statue thing is the beginning of the flag burning. Throughout the rest of the fireworks the flag continued to burn.
Britt and Shayna at the end of the night....still full of energy and so excited to have seen the Jo Bro's. Wish we could all be that young and full of life!!!
3 comments:
I was so glad to see all your new posts. Looks like a fun summer so far. Um, how come I didn't get the memo about the chocolate factory? I think I was in CA when you guys went. Yes I think you should come back for Stadium of Fire next year. I want to go too. Morgan will be a good age to take. I loved it when we went two years ago.
I look forward to seeing pictures of your new place. Hope all is well.
What a fun summer! I have never been to the Stadium of Fire, but wow that looks fun!!
Glad your kids had a good summer. Britt looks super happy at the concert (anyone say Jonas crush?). Keep up the blog, I miss you guys.
Post a Comment