The main purpose for our Utah trip was Emma's baptism!! She decided that she wanted to be baptized in Utah so that Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and all her cousins could be there. We were blessed to even have our Arizona Roberts' family be there for the weekend. Shane & I are so proud of our little girl and for the choice that she made to get baptized. At one point in time, maybe about two years ago, my girl wasn't too sure that she wanted to ever get baptized. I was a little concerned but I knew that she would either change her mind or else she would just wait until she was a little bit older. Needless to say, Shane & I were happy to plan this special day for her and I hope that she remembers how incredibly loved and treasured she is!!
Emma is so blessed to have aunties that know how to do really cool hair!! Me, not so good at it and extremely grateful that Aunt Rachel stepped in and made Emma's hair amazing!!
A few minutes before everyone arrived we snapped a few pictures of this happy, happy girl. Her smile was amazing and stayed on her face the whole day.
Tristan, Emma and Brittany. Don't know what we would do without these three wonderful kids in our lives.
After the baptism we took family pictures and it was, to say the least, a little bit chaotic!! There are four of us with the (almost) identical camera and instead of taking one picture and then emailing it to everyone, we took four, one with each camera. It was hard to figure out who to look at and I am pretty sure that we ended up with ZERO pictures of us all looking in the same direction. At least in this one, I am the only way not looking at the right camera!
Grandma & Grandpa Roberts. Grandma made both dresses that Emma wore during her baptism. The first one was made for Brittany eight years ago for her baptism and will be saved for our future grandchildren to wear. The second one was made especially for Emma by Grandma. My kids are blessed to have a Grandma that sews for them, giving them many treasures to pass on to their own kids.
We really should have tried to get a picture with just the cousins but, alas, it didn't happen. Thank you Aunt Bree for getting this one of Emma & Mia-best little cousins!!
No comments:
Post a Comment