We had a family celebration today for Brittany. We had planned on going out to dinner and then having a few friends over for cake and icecream. But, Emma decided that she was going to test positive for strep throat so that pretty much ended our plans for the evening. Brittany was fine with that, as you can see, we couldn't wipe the smile off her face for anything. Being a teenager is what she has waited so long for.
Tristan gave Brittany this card that said-Hey Sis, if you were any cooler.....You'd be me!! That is so typical of him. He loves Brittany so much but he is never the first one to admit that.
For her birthday, we decided to redecorate Brittany's room. She got a new comforter, sheets, and curtains to start with. I also took her clothes shopping and was reminded about shopping as a teenager. Everything is soooooo... cute and you have to have it all. Really, she did pretty good.
Emma picked out an outfit for Brittany, as you can see it is Pink, Emma's favorite color!!
And to top it all off, an Elmo ice cream cake!!!! I went to get a cake from Baskin Robbins and all they had was this Elmo one and a Hannah Montana one. I opted for Elmo. Brittany say's it is a good thing that I got Elmo, she would not have been happy with Hannah Montana!! Silly Girl. All in all, she had a great birthday. Brittany's young womens president, Sister Watson, also came over with a bag full of goodies for Brittany. I am so thankful to have people in our lives, like Sister Watson, who love and care about my daughter like I do. They help to shape her into the young woman that she is so quickly becoming.

2 comments:
WOW time goes by so quick!!! Happy Birthday Brittany!!! from Kenady!!! We miss you!! So fun everyone can swim now, we don't have a community pool anymore "sniff" so we are a little behind in the swimming department! I love the black eye incident! HANG TOUGH TRISTAN!!
What a great birthday! I have such great memories of our own family parties - great tradition! Her new room decor is going to look great.
I do love that Brittany girl of yours and am so grateful to know her. Such a sweetheart!
Post a Comment