This year for Mothers Day we took it pretty easy. The kids helped Dad make breakfast, we opened a few gifts and then off to church we went. After church we headed over to the pool and then came home for a steak and lobster dinner. It was nice to just relax since we always seem to be running around. Mothers Day is always bitter-sweet for me since I don't have my own Mother around anymore. It seems like it gets harder every year and I think that is because as I get older I realize how much joy you recieve from your kids. I wish she were here to see my kids and to see me as a mom. I never knew how much I learned from her growing up until I became a mother myself. Funny how that works-when you are growing up you could care less what your parents think and what advice they give you. Then when you are all grown up you crave that advice and want to know their thoughts!! I am so blessed to have such wonderful, loving, and thoughtful children. I know that they were meant for me and I am thankful to be their mom.
This is one of the few pictures I have with me and my Mom. I know I have some more in this mess of my stuff from when I was older but I couldn't find them. I am thinking that I am about six months old in this picture since it looks like Christmas and I was born in June. My kids think it is so funny to see these old pictures. But, really, am I that old????

2 comments:
How fun to see a picture of you with your mom! You're a great mom - I hope you had a nice day!
That is such a special picture of you with your mom! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Momhood.
Post a Comment