Girls Camp - LoMia 2008

I was so lucky to be able to attend girls camp this year. Being a convert to the church means that I have never had the experience of girls camp so when the Young Women leaders asked me to go as a CAMP MOM I was super excited. But, I had to ask Brittany if that would be okay first. I didn't want to intrude on her time with her friends but she said she would love it if I went. We had a blast, singing, learning, playing pranks, getting to know eachother, etc. What a great time. I am really thankful that my beautiful girl has the opportunity to attend girls camp throughout her teen years. I know that this is where she will make lifelong friends and find those people who will continue to make her life full of joy and happiness.

All the girls pose for pictures. First, as always, we need a serious picture. But, as usual, we also end up with a goofy pose.

This is Brittany and two of her girlfriends showing us what really happens at camp when no one is around to tell them not to do crazy stuff. I mean, would their mothers let them stand on the table and sing extremely loud when it is 10:30 at night? Weeeelllll, considering that two of their mothers were there, I would have to answer that question YES!!!!

3 comments:

nikki said...

So awesome! I'm so happy that you got to go and also so happy that you blogged about it so I could have a little experience. It was hard not to go!! But I'm so glad that you did.

BTW, I would have let them sing loud on the table too! :) We'll miss you!

Bugg's mama said...

I LOVED it when my mom came to camp! Brit and you are both so lucky to have been able to go together.

Jer and Cam said...

How fun! I am going to miss being in YW. Everyone is so sad that Brittany is leaving!! Are you sure you don't want to unpack all those boxes and just stay?