ME!!!! I made it to my late 30's, hard to believe that it is possible to be this old and not feel this old!! I remember when I was a kid thinking that life just ended once you turned 35! I am glad to find out that it doesn't end, it just seems to keep getting better every day. Today was a great day. I figured I needed to document it all before I forgot any of the all important details of this great birthday day. Shane went to California on Sunday night and didn't come home until this evening. I didn't think much of it. He travels, we celebrate my birthday another day. No big deal. Well, last night the kids told me that I had to go to my room at 8:30pm and that I wasn't allowed to come out again until the next morning. No idea what they are up to but hey, you want me to go to bed early,not a problem. I actually ended up having to call Brittany on her cell phone around 9:30pm to tell her that they all needed to come to bed! Easiest bedtime ever. When I woke up this morning the kids, once again, banned me to my room. Sleep in, okay with me. I fell back asleep only to awaken to the smell of bacon and eggs coming into my room. They made me breakfast in bed. All on their own. Amazing children that I love so much. After breakfast I was finally allowed downstairs to find that they had decorated the whole house for my birthday. It was so awesome and they did a great job. That's what they were up to last night!! Silly kids. So, we spent the day just hanging out, playing games, taking Emma to the doctor because she has strep again, picking Shane up from the airport, and having dinner when we got home. While I was at the airport picking up Shane, Brittany and Tristan made my favorite cake-Kaluha Cake. I wondered why Brittany kept asking to look at the recipe today. I didn't even clue in. After dinner we opened presents, ate cake, and put everyone in bed. Hey, they had a late night last night so I figured they were due for an early bedtime. I am so blessed to have such a great family unit. I know that Shane is the one who planned this whole thing out since he was going to be gone and I am so grateful to him. It is an amazing feeling to be loved by a loving husband and children. Thanks guys for making this day so special for me!!

The birthday cake-my favorite kind and made by my favorite people!!



Shane and the kids bought me a digital picture frame. I have wanted one forever, I can't wait to load pictures into it. WooHoo.
2 comments:
What an awesome post! You're so lucky to have such a sweet family! And I agree, life just keeps getting better!
I'm so glad you had such a special day. Wow - I'm impressed by your kiddos! Happy B-day!
Post a Comment