Making Chunky Crayons

One night, as I was blog-stalking, I came across a really fun site on my SIL's blog called www.makeandtakes.com. What a great site. I found this great project on recycling your crayons and decided we needed to try it out since all our crayons seem to be broken and no one wants to use a broken crayon. We used an old muffin tin for our version of Chunky Crayons. This is before we melted them in the oven.

After they were in the oven for about 10 minutes we took them out, let them cool, and the popped 'em out of the tins. This is what we ended up with.

Tristan and Emma helped tear paper off of broken crayons and put them in the tins. I think after about twenty minutes they had enough and just wanted this project to be over!


We finally get a chance to use our crayons. Tristan was totally done by this point but the girls enjoyed coloring lots of pictures. I will definitely be checking out www.makeandtakes.com throughout the summer for more fun ideas.



No comments: