More Summer Fun

Does anyone else get tired of tying water balloons for your kids during the summer? I sure do, so when I saw this idea I had to try it. Turn ordinary kitchen sponges into fun water toys. My kids had a blast making these and even more fun using them. All three have decided that these are way better than water balloons. One, they are easy to make. Two, you get really soaked when you get hit with one. Three, Mom loves to play with them, too!! What more can you ask for on a hot summer day in Arizona?
We filled our mop bucket with water so the kids had an easy way to get their sponges wet. Hey, who can mop the kitchen floor when the mop bucket is being used? A great way to get Mom out of the kitchen and into the backyard!!

I think we ended up playing with these things for about two hours. Now, everyday, Emma asks if we can go outside and play water bombs. Fun!!!


1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love the sponges that is sooo cute, you have to tell me how you did that. I hate filling up water balloon after water balloon when they only last a second.