The Roberts' Family loves to party, can you tell? Friday night we headed up to the canyon for a BBQ and some canoeing(is this even a word?). I am pretty sure that all of us who now live in Utah were there including two who live in Montana. Our family is growing so much, with just us here we are up to 25 family members plus one on the way. Those who don't live in Utah total another 21 family members plus another one on the way. That puts our total up to 48, can you imagine what a family reunion is going to be like?
Tristan was one of the first out on the canoe and the last one off. I think he pretty much stayed in the canoe the entire time we were there. The only time I saw him on dry ground was at dinner time, even then, as you can see, he ate in the canoe. Guess what else Tristan wants for Christmas?
This is Uncle Glen and Aunt Ale. They live in Montana and we were so happy to see them for this holiday weekend. The kids have not been able to spend too much time with them since we were so far away living in AZ. But, they visit Utah quite often so our kids will get a chance to build a fantastic relationship with them.
Emma and her cousins were obsessed with all the little "pot guts" at the canyon. For those of you who don't know what a pot gut is, don't feel bad. I didn't either until I married Shane. I grew up calling them "ground hogs". I remember when Shane first called them pot guts, I thought I would die laughing. Low and behold, that is now what myself and my kids call them. Anyhow, Emma and the cousins thought that they could entice the critters to come out of their holes if they put Cheetos out there for bait. The funny thing was that they would fill a hole, walk away to fill another hole and then the pot gut would pop up at the first hole. They just couldn't figure out how that was happening and why the little guy would wait until they were too far from the hole to catch him to come out.
This is the adorable face of our niece, Kari, after playing in the dirt for a couple of hours. We couldn't bring ourselves to clean her off, she looked too cute.

Tristan was one of the first out on the canoe and the last one off. I think he pretty much stayed in the canoe the entire time we were there. The only time I saw him on dry ground was at dinner time, even then, as you can see, he ate in the canoe. Guess what else Tristan wants for Christmas?
This is Uncle Glen and Aunt Ale. They live in Montana and we were so happy to see them for this holiday weekend. The kids have not been able to spend too much time with them since we were so far away living in AZ. But, they visit Utah quite often so our kids will get a chance to build a fantastic relationship with them.
Emma and her cousins were obsessed with all the little "pot guts" at the canyon. For those of you who don't know what a pot gut is, don't feel bad. I didn't either until I married Shane. I grew up calling them "ground hogs". I remember when Shane first called them pot guts, I thought I would die laughing. Low and behold, that is now what myself and my kids call them. Anyhow, Emma and the cousins thought that they could entice the critters to come out of their holes if they put Cheetos out there for bait. The funny thing was that they would fill a hole, walk away to fill another hole and then the pot gut would pop up at the first hole. They just couldn't figure out how that was happening and why the little guy would wait until they were too far from the hole to catch him to come out.
This is the adorable face of our niece, Kari, after playing in the dirt for a couple of hours. We couldn't bring ourselves to clean her off, she looked too cute.
2 comments:
It looks like you guys are settling in nicely - I'm happy for you! We are missing you here though.
Looks like fun. I had no idea you moved until Sunday! I was shocked. Hope you have fun up there I thought it was beautiful so I know you will fit in anywhere.
Post a Comment