How a Soup Swap Swings
Tonight I went to our 1st Annual Soup Swap!!! A friend of mine decided that this would be a great way to start stocking our freezers for the cold winter months. We had so much fun. Everyone brought 6 quarts of their favorite soup, 4 gallon sized ziploc bags and a copy of the recipe. After eating and chatting for awhile we each picked out four different soups that we liked, filled our ziploc bag with 6 cups of that soup and took a copy of each recipe. I made Chicken Tortellini Soup and came home with 1. Clam Chowder 2. White Bean Chili 3. Taco Soup 4. Cream of Broccoli. There were 14 of us there so we had a good variety of soup to choose from. I thought that this was such a great idea. Now Shane can pull a bag out of the freezer and cook it while I sit on the couch all bundled up in front of the fire on those cold winter nights!! Yipee. Our next swap is going to be Christmas Cookies. I love those kind of swaps!!
Happily Created by
Our Little Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what cookies you bring home.
GenIUS idea! Love it.
Post a Comment