The last week of May I was able to go back home to Colorado for a week long vacation. It was fabulous. I haven't been home for quite some time and this trip was long overdue. I miss seeing my family and it was great to spend time with them. I also saw some old friends from high school which was really fun and weird at the same time....can I really be old enough to be coming up on twenty years since I graduated? Crazy!! The first night I was there my brother, his wife, my niece and I took a drive to Greeley. This is the place where my parents were born and raised and we spent most of our time when we were younger there.
LaSalle First Presbyterian Church was our first stop of the evening. This is the church where my parents were married. I call this the church the place where everyone gets married and buried because most of my aunts, uncles and cousins have been married here and this is where all of my grandparents and aunts funerals have been. Kinda crazy but it is a family landmark for us!!!
Next up was a trip out to the feed lot. I have been out to his feed lot too many times to count but oddly enough, one of my nieces that was with us had never been out there. She was confused as to why LaSalle smelled like cows so we had to take her out there and show her the reason. I can't say that she was impressed but I personally love going out there. But, only before it gets too hot and smelly!!
On our way back to Denver we stopped by the farm house where my mom was born and raised. She grew up on this farm and I remember coming here when I was a little girl. My grandparents lived here until I was about seven so I have many memories of holiday dinners, Easter egg hunts, picnics and summer vacations spent here. It has changed so much over the years but I still love seeing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment