Columbine Memorial

While at the cemetery for Memorial Day I got the opportunity to see the Columbine High School Memorial.  What an amazing site to see.  I have previously been to the site of the shootings where all the kids originally were moved to when they were coming out of the school and was amazed at the memorial there. I knew that there was another memorial at the cemetery but just never had the chance to make it out there and see it. 
This particular memorial is the actual burial site of Dave Sanders, the teacher who was killed and also two of the students, one being Rachel Scott.  To see all thirteen crosses standing tall, next to each other is a feeling that cannot be described. 
Now that we have a daughter in high school the thoughts of that awful day creep into my mind every once in awhile.  I pray that kids today have learned from this tragic event but you just never know.  I am thankful for the opportunity to remember the thirteen who lost their lives that day and pray that their families will find peace over time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I got a little chocked up reading this post. What a crazy day that was. I was in HS when it happened and it was a big eye opener. That's a beautiful memorial. I'm glad you got to go to CO and visit your family and your roots. Going home is always the greatest feeling. I think I'm headed back to CA here in a few weeks. Come to Stockton and hang out with me.