
Miss Emma came running down the stairs the other day and proclaimed, "Mom, you are gonna kill me and then you are gonna ground me!". I couldn't imagine why she would be saying that until I turned around and looked at her!!! Apparently she has not been given a proper lesson on makeup application. Emma & her friends got into her makeup and boy, did we have a mess to cleanup.

It probably wouldn't have been as bad if it had been regular makeup. But this was some Hannah Montana crap from
Walmart that is basically grease and some coloring. How do you get this much grease out of hair? We are still trying to figure that out. Poor Emma has had three baths and her hair is still greasy with pink highlights.

She was covered from the top of her head. . .

to her
itty bitty toes. Who told you that makeup went on your feet? Certainly not her mother!

Emma is pondering my question, "How in the world are we gonna get all this off of you, Girl?". Needless to say, she didn't get grounded and I didn't kill her. Just cleaned her up and sent her off to play. However, when I went into her bathroom and saw that my shower curtain, bathtub, vanity, door and floor were also covered in the yucky makeup I was tempted to change my mind about the grounding!!
6 comments:
For getting it out of her hair, try baking soda mixed in warm water. I had to do that once to get Vaseline out, and it worked great.
Thanks Jeanne, we will give it a try!!
What a good mama you are!
What's the problem, she's just ready for Halloween a bit early! I love your cute fall background.
Whew! You're posting like crazy - I can't keep up! :) Emma sure gave you one doozy of a mess! Did you get it all out?
I had to laugh. I am just waiting for the day that my girls do something like that. I hope I can take it in stride like you didi=!
Post a Comment