Canyon Campfire & Smores

We spent Saturday night up at the canyon with two of Shane's brothers and their families. I have come to believe that the best part of living in Utah is being able to drive a couple miles into the canyon and see GREEN everywhere!! It is so beautiful here and I cannot wait until the autumn when the leaves start changing colors. We just wanted to get out of town and relax for awhile so we packed up the kids and smore makings and headed out. The kids had so much fun just running around and playing in the dirt. I commented to Shane while we were there that this is the first time that we have been able to have a campfire and really enjoy it since our kids are now older and we can actually sit and relax. We had so much fun that we are planning an actual two night camping trip in the next couple of weeks.
A picture of the girls including baby Morgan, our little niece.
Shane took his guitar up and we sang lots of songs and enjoyed his playing. I just love it when he plays the guitar.
Emma believes that the smore will taste better if it gets all over her face and then she has to lick it off. I am not sure that I believe that but if that's what makes her happy, then go for it.
All the cousins watching the Dad's try to catch a fish in the river with a stick. We told the kids they were not allowed to play in the river because we didn't want them wet. I guess we should have given the dad's the same directions!! Oh well, at least they stayed dry and gave up catching the fish after about fifteen minutes.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds like so much fun! And I can't help but notice JEANS in August; Jeans weather sounds great! Don't you just LOVE living by cousins - we had so much fun with ours this summer.

Julee said...

How beautiful and fun to live so close to the canyon!! Utah really is beautiful!! And expecially with all of the leaves turning colors!!!!!

Emily said...

That was so much fun the other night! I'm so happy that you guys are here now. We love hanging out with your family. Just wait in a few more week the leaves will change and It will be so gorgeous. Brett and I drive through the Canyon and call it the fruity Pebble mountain caue the colors are just like it. You'll love it!

Deanna Fair said...

You guys just look so happy in Utah. I really miss you :(