Pack meeting for Cub Scouts this month including making a homemade marshmallow roasting stick and making S'Mores. It is great to have a fire pit at the Cub Masters' home where we can gather and have our meetings. The boys had a great time and we learned a new and easy way to make S'Mores.
Tristan and a fellow Cub Scouter work on toasting some marshmallows to a golden brown.
Here is our yummy and simple way to make S'Mores. After toasting your marshmallows you smush it between two Keebler Shortbread Cookies and away you go. How easy is that? No chocolate to melt, no graham crackers to break up, and really not a lot of mess. Way cool.
Check out this monster swing set!! The Cub Master's husband built this out of old telephone poles. It is HUGE!! We had a blast swinging on it. It is set up so that you are looking into an open field with the mountains in front of you. The swing has a rope tied to it that once you get on a few people pull the rope backwards so that you are pulled very high. Then they just let you go and it feels like you are flying. I want to build one of these in our yard but Shane says no, too afraid that a neighbor kid would get hurt. But, if it is fun who cares if someone gets hurt? Just kidding, I agree, too much liability but it would be great if we could get away with it.
Tristan takes his turn on the swing. He is so little and I was so afraid that he was going to fall off. I know, I know, it's time to cut the apron strings and quite worrying so much about him. I just want him to stay my little boy forever!!
Tristan and a fellow Cub Scouter work on toasting some marshmallows to a golden brown.
Here is our yummy and simple way to make S'Mores. After toasting your marshmallows you smush it between two Keebler Shortbread Cookies and away you go. How easy is that? No chocolate to melt, no graham crackers to break up, and really not a lot of mess. Way cool.
Check out this monster swing set!! The Cub Master's husband built this out of old telephone poles. It is HUGE!! We had a blast swinging on it. It is set up so that you are looking into an open field with the mountains in front of you. The swing has a rope tied to it that once you get on a few people pull the rope backwards so that you are pulled very high. Then they just let you go and it feels like you are flying. I want to build one of these in our yard but Shane says no, too afraid that a neighbor kid would get hurt. But, if it is fun who cares if someone gets hurt? Just kidding, I agree, too much liability but it would be great if we could get away with it.
Tristan takes his turn on the swing. He is so little and I was so afraid that he was going to fall off. I know, I know, it's time to cut the apron strings and quite worrying so much about him. I just want him to stay my little boy forever!!Shane and Tristan convinced me to take a ride on the swing. Tristan was so proud of himself for videoing it so I have to put it on here. Be warned that I do scream at the beginning, I was scared!! What can I say, after having three kids and crossing that hill into my late 30's, being scared comes pretty easily!!
4 comments:
holy schnikees you weren't kidding!
Very cool swing, that's awesome you took the plunge :) What level is t-bone in scouts? (wolf, bear, cat?)
Tristan is a Bear for the next couple of weeks and then he will move up to Webelos on his birthday!!
Michelle! I should check my comments more frequently! Thanks for commenting me, I had no idea how many Robertses had blogs, score!!! Oh yes, I'll definitely be cyberstalking to keep updated on y'all! I haven't seen pics of the kids in YEARS, they're so beautiful. Keep on posting! Kisses to everyone.
Post a Comment